Mentoring is about building relationships. Maricopa provides access to a number of formal mentoring opportunities. Human Resources provides a mentoring program and training for employees who choose to participate in a mentoring relationship.
What is mentoring? Mentoring is a learning process. It a relationship that is created whereby an individual provides information that can help the second individual grow and achieve their goal. The goal can range from accomplishing a new task to advancing in their career. We encourage employees to participate in either a formal or informal mentoring relationship.
MCCCD Mentor Program
The Maricopa Employee Mentor Program is an employee program coordinated through the Creative Pathways office. It is an informal program, which means that the mentor and mentee establish the relationship. Together the mentor/mentee will determine:
- Meeting times (monthly, bi-weekly, bi-monthly, etc.)
- Length of the relationship
Visit the MCCCD Mentoring program page for more information.
Visit the Chair Academy website for more information on mentoring.
WLG Mentor Program
Visit the WLG Mentor Program website for more information on mentoring.
- River Mentoring & Social Learning: http://www.riversoftware.com/
- Building a Successful Mentoring Relationship, Course Number -- #001336
- Zachary, Lois, The Mentor’s Guide: Facilitating Effective Learning Relationships, 2000, Joe-Bass, Inc., http://mentoringexpert.wordpress.com
- Zachary, Lois, The Mentee’s Guide: Making Mentoring Work for You, 2009, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., http://mentoringexpert.wordpress.com