Congratulations and Welcome to Maricopa Community Colleges
You should have already returned the Invitation to Self-Identify and Loyalty Oath forms contained in your job offer/confirmation letter to the Strategic Staffing Department at the District Office. If you haven't completed your forms please do so now and send them to the District Office Strategic Staffing Department.
Please complete and submit the following required Payroll Forms to the District Office Payroll Department within your first three days of work or before. A short explanation on the Payroll Forms listed below can be viewed by clicking here.
You must select one of the following paycheck delivery options and send your completed form to the District Office Payroll Department.
Additional Payroll Forms and information
The following forms may be required depending on your personal situation. Please consult with your payroll specialist if you have any questions.
The Maricopa Community Colleges (MCCCD) is pleased to offer a comprehensive Flexible Benefit Program to all Benefit Eligible Employees.
The Flex Benefit Program allows employees to choose from a variety of benefits. Each employee is allocated flex credits to spend on options that meet the employees' needs. Each flex benefit has a cost. If the cost exceeds the flex credits, you pay the difference through biweekly payroll deductions. If the cost is less than your flex credits, the unused amount is returned to you as taxable income. Your flex credits are allocated on a monthly basis and are determined by the tier of medical coverage purchased.
You are eligible to participate in the Flex Benefit Program if you are employed by MCCCD in one of the following categories and occupy a budgeted position.
- Employees who are regularly scheduled to work at least 30 hours a week.
- Residential faculty members compensated by MCCCD who carry at least a three-quarter (.75 FTE) teaching load (visiting or part-time faculty members are not eligible).
When Does My Coverage Begin?
New employee - coverage begins on the first day of the month after 30 days have elapsed from your start date, provided all benefit enrollment paperwork has been completed and submitted to HR and you have completed at least one hour of service with MCCCD. Per IRS regulations, employees must sign up for their benefits prior to their benefits start date. You may submit your benefit elections at the new employee orientation meeting or directly to the Employee Benefits Department at the District Office by close of the business day on or before the last working day of the month prior to your benefits effective date.
Know What Benefits Are Available To You
Benefits Automatically Provided by MCCCD at no cost to you
- $20,000 Group Term Life Insurance
- $15,000 Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Mid-term Disability
Benefits Elected by You the Employee
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Supplemental and Dependent Life
- Short-term Disability
View the Benefits New Hire Guide FY 2016-17 (pdf) to learn about:
- Required forms and supplemental paperwork
- 2015-2016 Medical plans comparison
- Supplemental Life Insurance, Dependent Life Insurance, Supplemental AD&PL, Short Term Disability
- Costs and Credits
- Wellness Incentive Dollars
- Eligible Dependent Information
- Third party Administrator (TPA) – Meritain Health
- Pharmacy Benefit Manager (PBM) – Humana RX
Review the FY 2016-17 Flex Credits and Premium rates to learn about:
Review the FY 2016-17 Domestic Partner Flex Credits & Premium Rates
A complete listing of all the Benefits offered by MCCCD can be found on the Benefits web page. Please feel free to contact our offices at any time if you need assistance.
New Hire Benefit overview and self service benefit enrollment instructions.
Access you Benefit information, click here.
- Life Evidence of Insurability To be completed if you are electing supplemental life insurance over $150,000. Please refer to the Benefits New Hire Presentation for guidelines.
- Short-Term Disability Evidence of InsurabilityTo be completed if you are enrolling in short-term disability in an amount greater than $1450. Please refer to the Benefits New Hire Presentation for guidelines.
The Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
The Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) was created to provide retirement and other benefits for Arizona employees, including faculty and employees of the state's political subdivisions who signed membership contracts. Maricopa Community Colleges is a Plan employer of the Arizona State Retirement System and all employees of MCCCD become members of the System once eligibility requirements are satisfied.
- Employees are required to make contributions to the ASRS Plan if they work for twenty hours or more per week for twenty weeks or more in a fiscal year.
- For Faculty, one load hour is equivalent to two clock hours.
To enroll online into the Arizona State Retirement System use the following link: - Enter Enrollment Code "0OQ00085"
For more information regarding the Arizona State Retirement System click on the following Benefits page:
Please feel free to contact our offices at any time if you need assistance.